Ribs Spice Rub is a delicious seasoning for baby back ribs and more. This spice mixture is very easy to make. It is a perfect dry rub recipe with a little smoky-salty-sweet flavor with a hint of heat. This homemade dry rub seasoning works for grilling, smoking, slow cooking, baking, and more!
Spice Rub for Seasoning Ribs
When I make ribs in my house, everyone come running! That's because my ribs are tender and very flavorful, thanks to this rub for ribs.
This spice rub is full of flavor, not too salty, and is a compliment to your favorite barbecue sauce.
It has just a little kick of heat, but you can double up on the cayenne pepper to make it hotter, if you like the heat!
What is This Dry Rub Good On?
This seasoning blend is not just for baby back ribs. It is perfect for flavoring many other meats such as:
• Pulled Pork
• Country Style Ribs
• Spare Ribs
• Short Ribs
• Pork Chops
I use this Ribs dry rub on my Instant Pot Baby Back Ribs, or on ribs that I'm going to grill or throw into the smoker or slow cooker.
Make a Double Batch!
• For convenience, and so I don't run out too quickly, I like to make a double batch of this dry rub.
• Store it in a mason jar in the pantry. It will last a long time, and you will have enough dry rub for other recipes.
If you make this delicious dry rub for ribs recipe, please leave a comment with a star rating below. I'd like to know how you liked it!
This ribs spice rub is a delicious dry rub recipe for pork ribs, country style ribs, pulled pork, or anything else that you want to put it on.
- 1-2 Tablespoons Kosher Salt (coarse salt, not table salt)
- 1 Tablespoon Coarse Black Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Cumin Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
- 2 Tablespoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 Tablespoon Sweet Paprika
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder (or granulated garlic)
- 1 Tablespoon Onion Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper (or more for spicy)
Add all spices to a container with a lid (I use a mason jar). If you are sensitive to salt, use only 1 Tablespoon (you can always add more if you like).
Shake well to mix.
Store with lid closed in a cool, dry place.
I suggest doubling this recipe as it keeps very well.