Slow Cooker Creamed Corn is one of my favorite vegetable side dishes. The creaminess and sweet corn flavor make this crock pot creamed corn much better than the canned stuff, with only 5 ingredients.
Slow Cooker Creamed Corn
You may not think of cooking vegetables in your slow cooker. It’s really a great way to prepare many veggies, such as corn on the cob, spaghetti squash, beans, and this slow cooker creamed corn. Say goodbye to the canned stuff.
I never used to like creamed corn. I thought it was a mushy, strange tasting stuff. I had homemade creamed corn at a local pub with Paul one day. It was awesome! I asked for the recipe and have made it this way since!
You can make this on the stove top, pop it in a baking dish and bake it, or use a crock pot like I often do, especially when I have other things cooking on the stove.
Slow Cooker Creamed Corn only has 5 ingredients, and a couple of optional add-ins for those of you who like it sweeter and/or thicker. Options are good!
You Might Also Like
Slow Cooker Creamed Corn is creamy and delicious. This 5 ingredient crock pot creamed corn is way better than the canned kind.
- 6-8 cups Corn Kernels (fresh or frozen, or 4 cans drained)
- 4 Tbsp Butter
- 1/2 cup Half and Half (or milk)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 8 oz brick Cream Cheese, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 Tbsp Flour, to thicken a little (mix with the half and half/milk before adding)
- 1-2 tsp Sugar (this is sweet, but some like it sweeter)
- 1/3 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated (stir in right before serving)
- Freshly Ground Pepper, for garnish
Add all of the ingredients to a slow cooker and stir.
Cook on Low for 3 hours or High for 2 hours, or until cheese melts.
Stir well and serve hot. Garnish with black pepper.