These Sweet Potato Steak Fries are oven baked, slightly spicy, healthy, and delicious! Coated with a delicious spice rub, these sweet potato fries make a wonderful potato side dish.
Sweet Potato Steak Fries
Sweet potato fries have become a thing. I have eaten them many times in restaurants. The one thing I don’t like about that is they are usually skinny and kinda stringy. I have to grab several at a time to get a good bite!
Sweet Potato Steak Fries are a nice chunky size, and you’ll only need to grab one at a time to get a good bite! Lightly crisp on the outside, and tender on the inside, because they are oven baked.
The seasoning for these sweet potato steak fries is a little smoky, a touch spicy, and not too salty. A delicious spice blend that is full of flavor.
I like to use the white sweet potatoes for this recipe. Yams are good too, I’ll use them when I can’t find the white sweet potatoes. Try these with my Creamy Cilantro Dressing as a dip! OMGoodness, is that ever good!
This sweet potato fries recipe is the perfect easy to make side dish that the family will love!
If you make these oven baked sweet potato fries, please leave me a comment below and let me know how you liked them!
Oven baked and seasoned with 5 spices. These sweet potato steak fries are a perfect side to burgers, salads, or as a snack!
- 2 Medium Sweet Potatoes peeled
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- Heat oven to 425 degrees
- Cut sweet potatoes in half lengthwise, then slice lengthwise into 1/4 inch wedges.
- Mix the spices in a small bowl.
- Put sweet potatoes onto a baking sheet and pour the olive oil on them. Use your hands to mix them around and coat all sides.
- Sprinkle the spice mixture all over the potatoes and use your hands to coat the potatoes with it.
- Spread the potatoes out into a single layer.
- Bake for 20 minutes, turning the fries over once, halfway through.
- Serve immediately.
Serving Suggestion: Dip these Sweet Potato Steak Fries in Creamy Cilantro Dressing. So good!
Resources to make this recipe and more
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.