These Sweet Potato Steak Fries are oven baked, slightly spicy, healthy, and delicious! Coated with a delicious spice rub, these sweet potato fries make a wonderful potato side dish.
Sweet Potato Steak Fries
Sweet potato fries have become a thing. I have eaten them many times in restaurants. The one thing I don’t like about that? They are usually skinny and kinda stringy. I have to grab several at a time to get a good bite!
Sweet Potato Steak Fries are a nice chunky size, and you’ll only need to grab one at a time to get a good bite! Lightly crisp on the outside, and tender on the inside, because they are oven baked. The seasoning for these sweet potato steak fries is a little smoky, and not too salty. They are delicious!
I like to use the white sweet potatoes for this recipe. Yams are good too, I’ll use them when I can’t find the white ones. Try these with my Creamy Cilantro Dressing as a dip! OMGoodness, is that good!
Oven baked and seasoned with 5 spices. These sweet potato steak fries are a perfect side to burgers, salads, or as a snack!
- 2 Medium Sweet Potatoes peeled
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- Heat oven to 425 degrees
- Cut sweet potatoes in half lengthwise, then slice lengthwise into 1/4 inch wedges.
- Mix the spices in a small bowl.
- Put sweet potatoes onto a baking sheet and pour the olive oil on them. Use your hands to mix them around and coat all sides.
- Sprinkle the spice mixture all over the potatoes and use your hands to coat the potatoes with it.
- Spread the potatoes out into a single layer.
- Bake for 20 minutes, turning the fries over once, halfway through.
- Serve immediately.
Serving Suggestion: Dip these Sweet Potato Steak Fries in Creamy Cilantro Dressing. So good!
Resources to make this recipe and more
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.