Easy Peach Potluck Cake should be called the Disappearing Potluck Cake! When you make this easy, light and fluffy peach cake with a whipped cream vanilla frosting, your family and friends won’t be able to resist it! This is a very delicious cake. Not too sweet, and VERY simple to make!
Easy Peach Potluck Cake
This is a recipe that uses one of the best shortcuts… A box cake mix! You will be surprised at how delicious this easy cake recipe is.
I love a potluck or backyard barbecue! It is so fun to see everybody, and sample all of the delicious dishes that everyone brought to the party!
We recently went to a potluck barbecue at my best friend’s farm. What a great day! I needed to think of something easy and quick to make as we had to leave by 11:30 am.
I dug around in my pantry and came up with a box yellow cake mix. Then I remembered the peach pie filling I had. So that’s how this super easy Peach Potluck Cake was born!
It is so simple and cooks in about 30 minutes!
How to Make this Easy Cake Recipe
• Just 3 ingredients are needed for the cake. Don’t follow the box directions. Use my recipe.
• Mix them together and spread into a buttered 9″x13″ baking dish and bake it!
• The cake should be a nice golden brown color on top when it is finished.
• Underbaking will make the center fall.
• Then after it cools, spread on the world’s easiest vanilla whipped cream frosting!
A few tips for the best peach potluck cake
- Even though this is an easy cake to make, I have some suggestions for you to get the best results:
- Use room temperature eggs. I crack them into the mixing bowl and let them warm up while I get everything else together.
- Use a “super moist” yellow cake mix. I have the best results with that kind.
- Be sure not to underbake the cake. If you do, the center will fall.
- Let the cake cool completely before frosting.
- Be sure to use “Instant” pudding. Once I accidentally bought the ‘cook and serve’ kind. I had to cook it and cool it, and that took a while!
I wasn’t kidding when I said it disappears! This is the result from the first time I made it. Everyone loved it! Now I make it often!
If you make this yummy peach cake, please leave me a comment below and let me know how you liked it!
Easy Peach Potluck Cake is a light & fluffy peach cake with whipped cream vanilla frosting. This delicious peach cake is not too sweet & VERY easy to make!
- 3 lg Eggs (room temp)
- 1 (21 oz) can Peach Pie Filling
- 1 (15.25 oz) Yellow Cake Mix (super moist)
- 1 (3.4 oz) pkg Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix
- 1 cup Milk
- ¼ teaspoon Almond Extract (optional)
- 1 (8 oz) tub Cool Whip® (or sweetened whipped cream)
Heat oven to 350° F.
Butter a 13"x9" glass baking dish.
In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs.
Add the peach pie filling and the cake mix. Stir to combine.
Pour cake batter into the baking dish and spread it out evenly, using a spatula.
Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean and the top is golden brown. Don't underbake or the center will fall.
Remove from oven and let cool on a rack (if you need it to cool faster, put it in the fridge after 10 minutes. Make sure there is nothing close to the hot dish, and only set on glass shelves with a hot pad or oven mitt under it.).
In a mixing bowl add the pudding mix and the milk. Whisk together until pudding mix is completely dissolved.
Add the almond extract, if using. Stir.
Wait until the pudding starts to thicken, just a few minutes, then fold in the entire tub of Cool Whip®.
Spread over the cooled cake.
Serve and watch it disappear!
You can try other flavors of pie filling.
Pin this Easy Peach Cake recipe
RESOURCES TO MAKE this peach cake recipe and more
This post contains Affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.