Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie is a simple yet tasty blend of fresh ingredients like ripe banana, natural peanut butter, and raw cacao powder. This smoothie is a great choice for a quick breakfast, post-workout drink, or as a delicious treat for the kids. With ingredients like Greek yogurt, almond milk, and a bit of honey, it provides a nice balance of protein, healthy fats, and natural sweetness.
Originally published on 9/2/2017
Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie
There's something about an ice cold smoothie that feels indulgent! This smoothie happens to also be nutritious.
With about 11 grams of protein, it is a great snack for when you want a refreshing pick-me-up.
The combination of banana, peanut butter, and chocolate gives it a delicious flavor without the need for a lot of added sugar. Overall, it's a simple, nutritious, and tasty option.
This is a versatile smoothie. You can leave out the chocolate, or add maple syrup for a sweeter version. All kinds of variations are possible.
Frozen Bananas for Smoothies
- If you buy bananas and they keep ending up overripe and unused, no worries, just peel them and pop them in a zipper baggie and keep in the freezer.
- Using frozen bananas in smoothie recipes helps chill the smoothie as you make it, and is a great way to preserve those sweet, ripe bananas!
The chocolate-peanut butter combo is always a winner in my book! This recipe uses raw cacao powder, which is great for chocolate flavored smoothies. It is a natural and healthy ingredient (though I'm no health expert!).
Smoothie Flavor Enhancers
Experiment with flavor enhancers like cinnamon, ginger, mint, or extracts to add depth of flavor to your smoothie.
Sweeteners: Use natural sweeteners sparingly, such as honey, agave syrup, or maple syrup. Ripe fruits can usually provide enough sweetness.
• Cleanup: Rinse your blender immediately after use to make cleanup easier.
• Prep Ahead: Prepare smoothie packs by portioning out ingredients into freezer bags or containers and keep them in the freezer. Very convenient for busy mornings.
• Protein Boost: Add some additional protein to your smoothie to make it more filling. Some options are protein powder, other nut butters (sunflower, etc.), or silken tofu.
• Healthy Fats: Use other sources of healthy fats like avocados, chia seeds, flaxseeds, or other nuts to add more creaminess and satiety.
If you make this Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie, please leave a comment with a star rating!
This Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie is made from healthy ingredients like natural peanut butter and raw cacao powder. Indulge without the guilt!
- 1 Ripe Banana (fresh or frozen)
- ½ cup Almond Milk (or milk of your choice)
- ¼ cup Greek Yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon Natural Peanut Butter (or your favorite brand)
- 1 Tablespoon Raw Cacao Powder
- 2 teaspoons Raw Honey
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla*
- ½ cup Ice Cubes (more if needed)
Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
Add another ½ cup of ice cubes if not cold enough for you, and blend until smooth again. Enjoy right away!
*You can omit the vanilla if you are using vanilla flavored yogurt.