My Slow Cooker Turkey Chili Recipe has been a yummy staple in our home for over 10 years. Ground turkey, beans, a few veggies, and spices all loaded into the slow cooker to make the best healthy turkey chili recipe! Crock pot turkey chili is a delicious one-pot meal, and feeds a crowd!
Originally published 10/2018
Slow Cooker Turkey Chili
I started making this turkey chili recipe several years ago when I was looking for ways to eat healthier, and enjoy some of my beef recipes without beef. This recipe is easy to make on the stove top, but it’s really convenient to use the Crock-Pot® and let it cook all day.
How to Make Slow Cooker Turkey Chili
- Brown the onion, celery, and ground turkey.
- Transfer to the slow cooker (crock pot).
- Add the seasonings.
- Add the beans to the turkey mixture.
- Add the tomato sauce and diced tomatoes.
- Stir the turkey chili and cook Low 7-8 hours or High 3-4 hours.
When you are browning the onions, celery, and ground turkey, make sure the celery is softened. I don’t know why, but even after 4 hours on high, celery still has a crunch to it.
Maybe you like that, but I don’t care for celery being the only crunchy thing in the chili, lol!
Slow Cooker Turkey Chili is delicious on it own, however adding lots of fixings to chili is a fun way to ramp it up! I like sour cream, avocado, cilantro, and crunchy tortilla chips on mine.
Sometimes though, I just want it as is, because this crock pot turkey chili has a lot of tasty ingredients, and doesn’t need much more!
Pin This Recipe
If you make this yummy, healthy crock pot turkey chili recipe, please leave a comment and star rating below. I’d love to know how you liked it!
My Slow Cooker Turkey Chili Recipe has been a yummy staple in our home for over 10 years. Ground turkey, beans, a few veggies, and spices all loaded into the slow cooker to make the best healthy turkey chili recipe!
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 large Yellow Onion, chopped
- 2 large Bay Leaves
- 1 cup Celery, diced
- 5 cloves Garlic, pressed or minced
- 2 lbs Ground Turkey
- 1 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt, divided (or 1 tsp table salt)
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1 (7 oz) can Diced Green Chiles (mild)
- 1/2 (15 oz) jar Roasted Red Bell Peppers, chopped
- 1 (14 oz) can Diced Tomatoes (with juice)
- 2 (14 oz) cans Tomato Sauce
- 2 (15 oz) cans Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 (15 oz) cans Red Kidney Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz) can Garbanzo Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 tsp Chipotle Chili Powder (or 1 chipotle in adobo sauce)
- 2 tsp Mexican Oregano (or regular oregano) dried
- 2 Tbsp Cumin
- 3 Tbsp Chili Powder
Heat a skillet on med-high heat. When hot, add the olive oil. Then add the onions, bay leaves, and celery. Cook stirring occasionally, until celery vegetables are just softened.
Add garlic, cook for about 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
Add the ground turkey, 1 tsp of the salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring and breaking up the meat, until done.
Transfer the meat mixture to a 6 qt or larger slow cooker.
Add all remaining ingredients to the crock and mix well.
Cook on Low for 7-8 hours, or High for 3-4 hours.
Taste and adjust salt or seasonings, if needed.
Serve with some corn bread, and any toppings you like.
RESOURCES TO MAKE crock pot Turkey Chili recipe and more
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.