Zoodles! If you haven’t already joined the many thousands of people who are in their kitchens happily turning out zucchini noodles, this is your call to action! Make some zoodles, and then make my Lemon Garlic Zucchini Noodles! They are terrific! As the name implies, they are lemony, garlicky, and healthy!
Lemon Garlic Zucchini Noodles
When I bought my spiralizer 4 years ago, I wasn’t sure if I had just wasted my money on yet another kitchen gadget that I may or may not use. I’m totally a gadget girl! This awesome spiralizer has proven to be a winner in the go-go gadget kitchen department!
Zoodles can be eaten raw, as in a salad, or cooked. You can add zoodles to a soup after the soup has finished cooking, and the heat from the soup will cook them just enough.
You can spiralize so many things: zucchini, butternut squash, beets, apples, potatoes, and more! I think my sister needs one… What a fun gift!
This Lemon Garlic Zucchini Noodle recipe is really easy and is ready in about 25 minutes! A nice choice for your weeknight veg, or Meatless Monday!
The wonderful and healthy world of Zoodles! This Lemon Garlic Zucchini Noodles recipe is a satisfying main vegetarian dish, as well as a tasty vegetable side dish. Plenty of flavor, a hint of spice, and no guilt!
- 2 Medium Zucchini, spiralized
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Small Sweet Onion, sliced in half rings
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- Zest of 1/2 of a Lemon, about 1 Tbsp
- Juice of 1/2 of a Lemon, about 2 Tbsp
- 1/4 tsp Red Pepper Flakes (1/2 tsp for spicy)
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 1/2 cups Vegetable Broth
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese grated, plus some for garnish
- Parsley for garnish
- Cut the ends off of the zucchini and fit one on the spiralizer. Turn the handle while exerting a little pressure to keep it on the spiralizer. When the noodles will come out, place in a bowl lined with a paper towel (to absorb excess water from the zucchini).
- Heat a 10-12 inch frying pan on med-high heat, and when it is hot add the olive oil.
- Add the onion, and sauté for a few minutes until starting to become translucent.
- Add the garlic and butter. Stir, cooking just for a minute so as not to burn it.
- Add lemon juice, zest, red pepper flakes, black pepper, salt, and 1/2 of the broth. Stir.
- Cook for a few minutes and reduce by 1/3.
- Add the remaining broth and let cook 2 or 3 minutes. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Add the noodles and gently stir to coat with the sauce.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes, until tender (they will still have a little crunch, they are not noodles!).
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese.
- Remove to a serving bowl and garnish with parsley and more Parmesan to taste.
If you don't have a spiralizer, you can thinly slice the zucchini.
RESOURCES TO MAKE Lemon Garlic Zucchini Noodle recipe and more
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.