Instant Pot Vegetable Tortellini Soup is delicious, vegetarian, and full of healthy veggies in a rich and flavorful broth. The cheese tortellini has a nice texture. This pressure cooker vegetable tortellini soup is a vegetarian delight!
Instant Pot Vegetable Tortellini Soup
Today I’m bringing you another Instant Pot soup recipe. A simple, healthy vegetarian soup! Instant Pot Vegetable Tortellini Soup is what I like to call a “light comfort food”.
This soup packs a lot of nutrition, due to the many vegetables, and is low in fat. The tortellini make it more filling. You could even omit the tortellini and replace it with meat for a low carb or gluten-free version, if you wish. It’s a very versatile soup recipe!
I love making soup in the Instant Pot, and hardly ever make it on the stove top these days. I find it is much faster, in most cases, and the pressure really brings out the flavors. A one-pot meal is always a good thing!
If you are a soup lover like me, and want some other Instant Pot soup recipes, just type the word “soup” in the search bar in the menu at the top of this web page. A few of the vegetarian soup options are Instant Pot Fresh Corn Soup, Instant Pot Minestrone Soup, and Instant Pot Sweet Potato Kale Soup.
Many of my other Instant Pot soup recipes can also be made vegetarian by simply swapping chicken broth for veggie broth, and omitting the meat!
Instant Pot Vegetable Tortellini Soup is a vegetarian delight! This Vegetable Tortellini Soup is full of healthy veggies in a rich and flavorful broth. The cheese tortellini has a nice texture.
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 small Sweet Onion, chopped
- 2 Carrots chopped
- 2 stalks Celery, chopped
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 4 cloves Garlic, pressed or finely minced.
- 1 (14 oz) can Diced Tomatoes, with juice
- 3/4 tsp Thyme, dried
- 1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1 4" sprig Fresh Rosemary
- 5 cups Vegetable Broth (or chicken)
- 1 (15) oz can Garbanzo Beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 large Mushrooms, sliced
- 2 small Zucchini, cut in 2" pieces
- 6 - 8 oz Cheese Tortellini* (or pesto cheese)
- 2 cups Baby Spinach (optional)
- Fresh Basil Leaves
- Grated Parmesan
- Turn on the Sauté function. When display reads “Hot” add the oil.
- Add onions, carrots, celery, and bay leaf. Cook until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Add the tomatoes, thyme, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and rosemary. Stir.
Add broth, mushrooms, zucchini, and tortellini. Stir.
- Place the lid on the pot and set the Steam Release Knob to Sealing (not on Ultra).
- Cancel the Sauté function.
Press the Pressure Cook (or Manual) Button, or dial on Ultra. Set time to 3 minutes using the + or - button, or dial.
When cook cycle ends, let pot naturally release pressure for 5 minutes. Then manually release the remaining pressure by turning the knob to Venting (or push the button on the Ultra).
When the pin in the lid drops down, open the lid and stir the soup. Taste and adjust salt, if needed.
If using, stir in the baby spinach leaves and let them sit a minute to wilt in the hot soup.
- Garnish with chopped fresh basil leaves and parmesan cheese.
*There are different types of tortellini. The type used in this recipe
is found in the refrigerated section of the store. There is also a
dried version, which takes longer to cook. I don’t use the dried, I think it would need too much time and the veggies would get too soft. Frozen would also work.
RESOURCES TO MAKE Instant Pot Vegetable Tortellini Soup recipe and more
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.