Instant Pot Creamy Italian Chicken Breasts are a very delicious and easy to make. This is an Instant Pot dump and start recipe that is ready in under 30 minutes. This super flavorful pressure cooker creamy Italian chicken breasts recipe is family friendly and so tasty over pasta.
Instant Pot Creamy Italian Chicken Breasts
People are always looking for ways to cook chicken breasts in the Instant Pot. This pressure cooker chicken breast recipe is so tasty and simple to prepare.
What I like About This Recipe:
- The flavor is amazing.
- It makes a good amount of the creamy sauce. Plenty for pasta.
- The ingredients are easy to find, normal things.
- It is a “dump and start” recipe.
What is a Dump and Start Recipe?
An Instant Pot dump and start recipe is one where you don’t have to use the sauté setting to cook anything before pressure cooking.
Can I Use Chicken Tenders?
Yes. Since they are smaller and thinner, they will require a reduced cook time.
Can I use Frozen Chicken Breasts?
Yes you can, with a few notes:
• Try not to overlap the pieces as those areas may still be raw.
• You will want to give the chicken a little more Natural Release Time. Just a couple of minutes.
• Also, since the frozen chicken gives off water, you may want to use about 1/4 cup less broth initially.
Slice the reserved chicken breasts crossways. Instant Pot chicken breasts should slice well, with minimal shredding.
Add the sliced chicken breasts back into the sauce. Serve over pasta, potatoes, rice, or cauliflower rice.
Pin This Pressure Cooker Creamy Italian Chicken Breasts Recipe
If you make this delicious pressure cooker Creamy Italian Chicken Breasts recipe, please leave a comment with a star rating below. I would like to know how you liked it!
Instant Pot Creamy Italian Chicken Breasts are a very delicious and easy to make. This is an Instant Pot dump and start recipe that is ready in under 30 minutes.
- 3-4 Chicken Breasts
- 1 1/2 cups Chicken Broth, low sodium
- 4 cloves Garlic, pressed or finely minced
- 2 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt (or 1/2 tsp table salt)
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 3/4 cup Heavy Cream
- 3 tsp Pesto, (made with basil, garlic, pine nuts, parmesan, olive oil. Found in the refrigerated section of store.)
- 2 1/2 Tbsp Corn Starch
- 1/2 cup Chopped Roasted Red Peppers
- 1/4 cup Chopped Fresh Basil
- 1/3 cup Chopped Cooked Bacon (or real bacon bits), optional
- Grated Parmesan
- Chopped Basil Leaves
Place the chicken breasts in the pressure cooker pot.
Add the chicken broth, then add the garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
Place the lid on the pot and turn the steam release knob to the Sealing position.
Press the Pressure Cook/Manual button, then the +/- button to select 7 minutes. If using smaller, thin breasts, reduce time to 6 minutes. Larger breasts 8 minutes. High Pressure.
When the cook cycle is finished, let the pot sit undisturbed for a 5 minute Natural Release. Then turn the knob to Venting and release the remaining pressure.
Remove the chicken to a plate and set aside.
Dissolve the corn starch in the heavy cream.
Turn on the Sauté setting and when the sauce starts simmering, stir the corn starch slurry into it. Stir frequently until the sauce thickens. Then turn off the pot.
Stir in the pesto, then add the roasted red peppers, basil, and bacon. Stir.
Slice the chicken breasts and add them back into the sauce.
Serve immediately over noodles, rice, potatoes, or cauliflower rice. Garnish as desired.
Resources to Make Instant Pot Creamy Italian Chicken Breasts Recipe and More
This post contains Affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.