Strawberry Sunshine Smoothie is a bright and delicious smoothie with strawberries, banana, pineapple, and more! A sweet and healthy way to start your day! Kids especially love this smoothie recipe.
Strawberry Sunshine Smoothie
Smoothies are so popular! It's no surprise since they delicious and healthy! Not only that, but there are hundreds of combinations of ingredients you can use to make them.
Since strawberries are coming into season, I'm giving you the recipe for my Strawberry Sunshine Smoothie today. This recipe uses standard ingredients that you can find at the grocery store.
What is the difference between a smoothie and juicing?
• A smoothie is a thick beverage made from pureed fruit and/or vegetables, often mixed with some type of milk or yogurt.
Some of the fruit or veg can be frozen to make a colder, thicker smoothie, or ice cubes can be used to make it cold.
The entire fruit/vegetable is used, minus the obvious parts you would not eat, such as the peels, pits, and rinds. A blender is the tool of choice for making smoothies.
• Juicing is removing the juice from the fruit or vegetable and leaving behind the pulp, peels, skin, seeds, pits, and anything else that is fibrous. Juice is a thin liquid vs a thicker, creamy puree.
There are special appliances called juicers that extract the juice and leave the pulp behind in a reservoir.
A few tips for making this Strawberry Smoothie
- Use Extra Large fresh strawberries if you can find them. otherwise double the amount.
- You can use frozen strawberries if you want. Get the unsweetened kind.
- You can use fresh orange juice (strained) or bottled, but try to get the pulp-free kind.
- The riper the banana is, the sweeter the smoothie will be.
- If you use canned pineapple, get the kind in 100% juice, no sugar added.
- Use a good quality strawberry Greek yogurt with minimal sugar added.
Pin This Recipe
Strawberry Sunshine Smoothie is a bright and delicious smoothie with strawberries, banana, pineapple, and more! A sweet and healthy way to start your day!
- 8 extra lg Strawberries* (fresh or frozen)
- 1 Banana
- ½ cup Pineapple Chunks (100% juice, no sugar added)
- ½ cup Orange Juice (pulp free or low pulp)
- ½ cup Strawberry Greek Yogurt
- 8-10 Ice Cubes
Wash and cut the stems/leaves from the strawberries. Cut the pineapple if using fresh.
Add everything to the blender and blend for 30-40 seconds, until smooth and well blended.
*If using frozen strawberries, you can omit the ice cubes.
RESOURCES TO MAKE this Strawberry Smoothie recipe and more
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.