Pea Salad with Smoked Turkey is a tasty side salad or main dish salad. A great way to use leftover smoked turkey. This pea salad recipe is also good with bacon or ham. A simple and flavorful salad!
Originally posted on 8/17/2017
Pea Salad Recipe
This cool and creamy pea salad combines the sweetness of green peas with the savory goodness of smoked turkey, giving you a refreshing and delicious main salad or side dish salad.
This salad recipe is ideal for picnics, barbecues, or a quick tasty meal.
Pea salad is a versatile side dish option that you can serve any time of the year, since you can use a bag of frozen peas to make it!
It's a simple salad to prepare, and the dressing is creamy and flavorful, with a hint of dill.
Pea Salad with Smoked Turkey is wonderful, and one of my favorite things to eat in the summer.
- Besides smoked turkey, you can use non-smoked turkey or other leftover proteins to make pea salad.
- Try Grilled chicken, cooked shrimp, crispy bacon, or cubed ham.
- This allows you to tailor the salad to your taste and dietary preferences.
• You can switch out the cheddar cheese for mozzarella, Monterey Jack, Swiss, or Gouda.
• Or leave out the cheese, if you prefer.
Leftover Salad Storage
• Store the pea salad in an airtight container.
• Keep it refrigerated for up to 2-3 days.
• Do not freeze the pea salad; it is best enjoyed fresh.
More Great Salad Recipes You Might Like
If you make this tasty Pea Salad recipe, please leave a comment below with a star rating. I would love to know how you liked it!
Pea Salad with Smoked Turkey is a tasty side or main dish salad. You can also use either bacon or ham. Simply delicious!
- 16 oz Frozen Peas, partially thawed (or fresh)
- 1 cup Diced Smoked Turkey Breast*, (leftover is great)
- 6 oz Sharp Cheddar Cheese, cubed
- ½ Small Red Onion, finely minced
- ½ cup Mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup Sour Cream
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ teaspoon Dill Weed, dried
- Pinch of Kosher Salt, to taste
- Pinch of Black Pepper
Put peas in a bowl and add the turkey, cheese, and onion.
In a small bowl combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, and the seasonings. Stir well to combine.
Pour dressing over the salad and mix until all of the salad is coated.
Cover the bowl and put the salad in the fridge to develop flavors for at least 30 minutes before serving.
*You can also use cubed ham or cooked bacon in place of the smoked turkey.
Use any cheese that you like. My favorites are Cheddar, Mozzarella, Swiss, and Gouda.