Instant Pot Turkey Soup is a delicious and easy soup you can make with leftover turkey meat. This pressure cooker turkey soup has a lot of flavor and even noodles, if you want a Turkey Noodle Soup.
Who doesn't like a bowl of hot, comforting soup on a cool day? This pressure cooker Turkey Soup makes me feel warm and cozy!
Instant Pot Turkey Soup
Instant Pot Soup recipes are some of my most popular. Today's turkey soup recipe is perfect for after Thanksgiving, as you can use leftover turkey, and homemade turkey broth.
Homemade turkey soup in the Instant Pot is delicious, fresh tasting, and easy to make. There aren't a ton of ingredients, this recipe is pretty straightforward.
Is this a Turkey Noodle Soup?
It is, but since you add the noodles after the pressure cooking, it is simple to just leave them out if you are not wanting them. You could even add some cooked rice at this point if you want.
Can I use Uncooked Turkey Meat?
Yes, just make the recipe as written. The cubed turkey meat will cook in the same time as the other ingredients. No changes needed.
Sauté the vegetables and bay leaf in some olive oil. Mince the fresh rosemary and add it to the pot with the garlic.
I like to use rubbed sage. Add it to the pot, along with salt and pepper.
Add the turkey broth to the pot. Then add the cubed turkey meat to the pot and close the lid. Pressure cook it.
Add uncooked egg noodles and turn on the sauté setting. Cook until the noodles are to your liking. Taste and adjust salt, if necessary.
What is The Best Broth to Use?
• I highly recommend using my homemade Instant Pot Turkey Broth, which you can easily make from your leftover turkey carcass. Or use other turkey broth.
• Use chicken broth if that's all you have. It will change the flavor, but will still be tasty.
• I don't recommend using just water as there is nothing to flavor it, since we are not cooking the bones in this recipe. If you have Turkey Flavored bouillon, you can flavor the water with that.
Can I Double The Recipe?
• Not in a 6-quart pressure cooker, but you can double the recipe in an 8-quart or 10-quart.
• In a 6-quart pot you can probably increase it by half or so. You just don't want the pot too full.
Can Instant Pot Turkey Soup Be Frozen?
• Yes, just use an air-tight container or zip-closure freezer baggie. I recommend freezing in smaller, serving-sized portions.
• Also, if you use baggies, freeze them laying flat. Not only are they faster to freeze and to thaw (being thinner), but they stack easier in the freezer!
If you make this delicious pressure cooker turkey soup, please let me know. Just leave a comment below with a star rating. I'd love to know how it worked for you.
Thank you for visiting my recipe site today! I hope you found what you were looking for. Please come back any time!
Instant Pot Turkey Soup is delicious and fresh tasting using leftover turkey meat and rich turkey broth.
- 1 Yellow Onion, chopped
- 2 ribs Celery, chopped
- 3 Carrots, chopped
- 4 cups Leftover Turkey Meat, cubed
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 sprig Fresh Rosemary (leaves stripped and minced)
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 ½ teaspoons Dry Rubbed Sage
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper
- 5 cups Turkey Broth or Stock
- 2 cups Uncooked Egg Noodles
Turn on the Sauté setting. When hot, add the oil, onion, carrots, celery, and bay leaf. Stir and cook until the vegetables just start to soften.
Add the rosemary, sage, salt, pepper, turkey broth, and cubed turkey meat to the pot. Stir and close the lid. Seal the vent.
Press the Pressure Cook/Manual button or dial, then the +/- button or dial to select 4 minutes. High Pressure. The pot will take several minutes to come to pressure.
When the cook cycle has ended, turn off the pot and let it sit undisturbed for 10 minutes (10 minute natural release). Then turn the steam release knob to the Venting position to release the remaining steam/pressure (you might need to release the steam in bursts until you are sure no liquid comes out with the steam).
When the pin in the lid drops back down, open the lid.
Turn on the Sauté setting. Then add the egg noodles and cook them just until done, or to your liking.
Taste and adjust salt, if needed.
Here is the link to my homemade Instant Pot Turkey Broth
If you don't have fresh veggies you can use frozen veggies. Just add them after pressure cooking, after the noodles have cooked.
Resources to Make Instant Pot Turkey Soup Recipe and More
This post contains Affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.