Instant Pot Beef Taco Bowls are an easy to make Instant Pot one-pot meal recipe. It has delicious taco flavor, with ground beef, beans, corn, and rice. This pressure cooker beef taco bowl is perfect for meal prep, and is a healthy lunch or dinner.
Instant Pot Beef Taco Bowls
Though I’m not formally a meal prepper, I’ve been doing it since I had my kids. I suppose it comes naturally when you cook every meal and want to get ahead of it all!
Big batches that can be eaten for more than one day are life savers! This Instant Pot Beef Taco Bowls recipe, also called Instant Pot Burrito Bowls, makes a good amount!
The first best thing about this recipe is that it is a One-Pot Meal recipe. Brown the ground beef, add the seasonings and then layer in the rest of the ingredients. Pressure cook it, and then it’s done!
The second best thing is a fast cook time and a Quick Release will help you get this pressure cooker beef taco bowl on the table fast on a weeknight!
My best tips for successful Instant Pot Beef Taco Bowls:
- Use a lower fat ground beef. That way you won’t have to drain any fat.
- Use a low sodium broth. Those taco seasoning packets have a lot of sodium. You can make my Easy Taco Seasoning, which is much lower in sodium, and use 2 1/2 Tablespoons for this recipe if you want.
- Rinse the rice well. White rice has lots of starch, and can make your pressure cooker taco bowls gummy. By rinsing the rice until the water is clear, you will have a much better result.
- Layer the ingredients as per the instructions and don’t stir it! This is so it all cooks without the dreaded “Burn” message!
Pin This Recipe
Instant Pot Beef Taco Bowls are easy to make Instant Pot one-pot meal recipe. This healthy pressure cooker beef taco bowl recipe is perfect for meal prep.
- 1 - 1 1/2 lbs Lean Ground Beef or Ground Turkey (I use 93%)
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 (1 1/4 oz) pkg Taco Seasoning (or 2 1/2 Tbsp homemade)
- 1 (15 oz) can Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups Frozen Corn Kernels
- 2 cups Salsa (not too thick)
- 1 (4 oz) can Diced Green Chiles (drain if watery)
- 1 1/2 cups Long Grain White Rice, well rinsed
- 1 3/4 cups Beef or Chicken Broth, low sodium
- 1 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/4 cup Cilantro, chopped
- Sour Cream
- Tortilla Chips
- Hot Sauce
- Lime Wedges
Turn on the pot's Sauté setting and add the ground beef. Cook, stirring occasionally, until mostly done. Cancel the Sauté setting and drain excess fat.
Add the onion powder, garlic powder, and taco seasoning and stir well.
Layer on the black beans, corn, salsa, green chiles, and rice. Do not stir.
Pour the broth over the layers, but do not stir. Use a fork or back of a spoon to gently press the rice down into the broth to submerge it. It's okay if it is not completely submerged.
Place the lid on the pot and set the steam release knob to the Sealing position.
Press the Pressure Cook/Manual button or dial, and then the +/- button or dial to select 8 minutes. The pot will take several minutes to come to pressure.
After the cook time has ended, do a Quick Release of the pressure by turning te steam release knob to the Venting position.
When the pin in the lid drops down you can open the lid.
Fluff the rice with a fork and then stir the taco bowl mixture.
Serve with any of your favorite garnishes/toppings.
If you are meal prepping, dish up into your containers and let cool before you put the lids on and put in the refrigerator.
RESOURCES TO MAKE Instant Pot Beef Taco Bowls recipe and more
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.