Instant Pot Quinoa Taco Bowls recipe is a delicious one-pot meal. This is an Instant Pot "dump and start" recipe, so it's very easy to make. This delicious pressure cooker quinoa taco bowl recipe is also vegetarian and vegan. A great Instant Pot meal prep recipe!
This is a healthy Instant Pot recipe, but you wouldn't know it as it tastes so good!
Instant Pot Quinoa Taco Bowls
Healthy doesn't have to be boring. Anything taco flavored is not boring, in my book! I really like quinoa, it is low carb with lots of protein. The texture is nice, too.
Quinoa is a lot like rice or tofu in the way that it takes on the flavors you add to it. Instant Pot Quinoa Taco Bowls have the healthy base of quinoa, and the tasty flavors of tacos!
Is This Instant Pot Quinoa Recipe Easy to Make?
- Yes it is! With this being a dump and start recipe, you can just layer the ingredients in the pot and set the cook time and start it. So Easy!
- I love that all of the ingredients cook together at the same time in the pressure cooker!
- Also, cooking quinoa in the Instant Pot is pretty fast. It only has a two minute cook time, and a 15 minute natural release.
The toppings are the fun part! I love adding cheese, sour cream, jalapeño, and fresh tomatoes to my serving. Don't forget the avocado!
Can I Do Meal Prep With This Recipe?
• Yes you can! This pressure cooker quinoa bowl recipe is perfect for meal prep. You can get 5 servings out of this recipe. It reheats nicely.
• Just add the toppings after heating up your portion. Or make it a salad and serve it cold.
Instant Pot French Onion Rice
Instant Pot Brown Rice Pilaf
Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Rice
Instant Pot Red Lentil Curry Soup
Low Carb Instant Pot Recipes
Instant Pot Quinoa Taco Bowls are a simple and delicious, healthy one-pot meal. This is an Instant Pot Dump and Start recipe, so it's very easy to make. Great for meal prep!
- 1 cup Quinoa*, well rinsed
- 1¼ cup Water
- 1 cup Salsa
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Lime Juice, (about ½ of a lime)
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt (or ½ tsp table salt)
- ¼ teaspoon Pepper
- 1 (15 oz) can Black Beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 (15 oz) can Corn, drained
- Sour Cream
- Shredded Cheese
Rinse the quinoa very well. This removes the saponin that causes a bitter or soapy taste.
Add all ingredients to the pressure cooker in order listed (don't stir!) and place the lid on. Set the steam release knob to the Sealing position.
Press the Pressure Cook/Manual button or dial, then the +/- button or dial to select 2 minutes. High Pressure.
When the cook time has finished, turn off the pot and let it sit undisturbed for 15 minutes. Then manually release any remaining pressure by turning the steam release knob to the Venting position.
Fluff with a fork and serve with any garnishes you like.
Package the garnishes/toppings in separate containers. Then divide the quinoa evenly between 5 meal prep containers. Keep refrigerated.
To reheat, microwave for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring halfway through. Add the garnishes after reheating.
*If you use red quinoa, increase cook time by 1 minute.
RESOURCES TO MAKE Pressure Cooker Quinoa Taco Bowls recipe and more
This post contains Affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
We love this recipe (even my carnivore hubby). We even use this as a go to for burrito fillings and the filling for stuffed peppers.